Hobby Stock Rules
The spirit and intent of these rules is to keep down the cost of racing.
Cars can be teched and inspected at any time upon entering the pits.
1. BODIES: Any American made front wheel drive automobile excluding convertibles, station wagons, jeeps, and pickups. ALL GLASS including mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed. All insulation and other combustible material must be removed. Steering and pedals must remain stock. Dash may be modified for roll cage clearance only. Doors must be bolted or welded shut.
2. ENGINES: Must be a single cam four cylinder engine. Engines must be stock appearing as manufactured including the fuel system. No turbo chargers. No rear or mid-engine vehicles.
3. ROLL CAGE: A box-type 4 point roll cage of 1 ½” x .093″ wall minimum steel tubing is required. Minimum of 4″x4″ plates welded to floor. Minimum of 2 door bars inside drivers door. Reinforcement bars behind the driver must be in an “X” formation. Must have a bar from center of rear hoop to right front lower corner. Extra bracing inside the cockpit is encouraged.
4. SUSPENSION: Stock OEM parts only. NO altercations. Only Stock steering for make and model of vehicle allowed.
5. WHEELS: Racing or stock wheels allowed. Oversized lug nuts are recommended. Wheel spacers are not permitted. Offset on racing wheels – maximum of 4 inches.
6. TIRES: Any D.O.T street legal tire permitted. 81/2″ sidewall to sidewall maximum.
7. BRAKES: Stock brake system for make and model. All brakes must function. NO brake adjusters.
8. FUEL CELLS ARE MANDATORY!
9. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Must have a racing seat and 5 point racing type seat belt. Seat belts must be attached to the frame or roll cage. Must have a driver side window net. Helmets and driving suits are mandatory. Neck braces, fire resistant gloves, shoes and Nomex underwear are highly recommended. Car must be equipped with a dry type fire extinguisher no smaller than two pounds and must be mounted with a quick release within easy reach of the driver when belts are fastened. Halon-type recommended.
10. Any driver under the age of 18 must have required insurance waivers on file. Notarization of signatures of BOTH parents will be required. If a parent is deceased, a death certificate must be provided.
11. All single file restarts will be on the FRONT stretch with a cone.
ALL DRIVERS MUST BE REGISTERED, DECLARING MAKE, MODEL AND YEAR OF CAR. ALL DRIVERS MUST PAY THE $25 REGISTRATION FEE BEFORE COMPETING IN ANY EVENT.
DECISIONS OF THE DIRECTOR OF COMPETITION, TECH INSPECTOR, AND/OR PROMOTER ARE FINAL AND BINDING WITHOUT EXCEPTION!!
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that, in his opinion, do not alter the minimum acceptable specifications. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of track officials or promoter. THEIR DECISION IS FINAL!!
These rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events and by participating in these events all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from the publications of/or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
PARTICIPATE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Like us on FacebookG
Search — Double-X Speedway